Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MIND



(When Sarah died), Abraham stood up, and bowed himself
to the people of the land, even unto the children of Heth.
And he communed with them saying, If it be your mind that I
should bury my dead out of my sight ... and Ephron the Hittite
answered Abraham ... Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I
thee, and the cave that is therein ... bury thy dead.
Genesis 23: excerpts 7-11


Meditation:
Abraham, "a mighty prince" humbly sought understanding from strangers in
his time of need: what might I need that I could humble or bow myself to ask for
from the people around me?

Affirmation:
I love to commune with the minds of the people with me.

Prayer:
In Jesus' Name I pray dear God; please lead me to a daily experience of
humility which will place me in community and allow me to ask for help
when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment