Friday, April 11, 2014

Words and Creation

The power of the word: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1)
About a month ago I gave a little wood-burned word to a person who was struggling.  How could I have known how much it would mean to them?  Never did I think that they would carry it every day from then until now. It humbles me at the same time as I remember the many words I have spoken in life which were meant to hurt.  If my need for verbal temperance is a common need, it's no wonder there are hundreds of verses in the Bible about bridling our tongues and guarding our mouths. Following is an excerpt from my manuscript The Heavenly Body:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart
bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man
out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth
that which is evil:  for of the abundance of the heart
his mouth speaketh.
Luke 6:45

 What is a repeated theme for me when I am talking?  What does this tell me about my values?


No comments:

Post a Comment